8. Mount Sunday. Mount Sunday was the location for Edoras and Meduseld in the film "Lord of the Rings". It is a rocky outcrop in the Canterbury Plains next to the Southern Alps in the Rangitata Valley in the Ashburton District. By dinah1
Every month, Travellerspoint holds a photo competition for our members with a specific theme. The photos above are the top voted pics from our Landscapes Competition.
Congratulations to Ofelia, whose photo of tree trunks in Deadvlei won the competition this month. Maaret wins a $50 Amazon voucher, a Globetrotter's Logbook, and an increase of her photo upload limit by 5GB.
aimsuk wins a Globetrotter's Logbook as well as a 5GB increase of his photo upload limit on Travellerspoint by coming second.
If you missed out this time, there's always next time. You can now submit photos for our Decay Photo Competition.
Meanwhile, be sure to vote for your favourite photo in the Patterns Photo Competition. Voting is now live.
Check out the results of past competitions:
- 16 Great Photos of Animals
- 14 Captivating Photos of Kids by Travellers
- Yellow: 13 Brilliant Photos from Canada to Ethiopia
- Music: The Universal Language
- 10 Photos of Beaches Around the World
- Winter:15 Photos by Travellers
- 13 Images of Rural Life
- 12 Urban Scenes Captured by Travellers
- 15 Beautiful Images of People Around the World
- 15 Exceptional Photos with a Blue Theme
- 10 Images of Sport Around the World
- Top 13 Transportation Photos: Your Picks
- 13 of the Best Watery Travel Photos
- 10 Photos to Whet Your Appetite for Food and Travel
- Red: 11 Evocative Photos by Travellers